How Does Solar Energy Work?
Get the Most Out of Solar Technology in Redlands & All of Southern California
With the right technology, anyone can harness the power of the sun to create an efficient, dependable, and sustainable source of energy. Solar panels, which are made up of photovoltaic cells, can quickly convert particles of sunlight into usable energy for your home or business. This works by capturing the sunlight and converting it from direct current (DC) power to alternating current (AC) electricity.
How Does Sunlight Become Electricity?
- Particles of sunlight, or photons, hit your roof's solar panels
- The panels convert photons into direct current electricity
- DC electricity flows into an inverter, turning it into AC power
- AC power is then used to power your lights and appliances
You Can Access Solar Energy Day or Night, Rain, or Shine
Another benefit of using solar technology is that your home or business will stay connected to a grid, so you will have access to solar energy day or night, rain, or shine. A net energy meter will also track your power usage, which means that any extra electricity will be sold back to the power company and credited on your next utility bill if your solar panels create more energy than you consume.
What Are the Different Types of Solar Panels & How Are They Different?
- Monocrystalline silicon solar cells, which have the highest efficient rates. They are also incredibly space-efficient, last the longest, and perform better than most. They are also the most expensive and may break down if they become covered with dirt or snow.
- Polycrystalline silicon solar cells, which are simpler to make and cost less. However, they are of lower efficiency than monocrystalline silicon solar cells.
- String ribbon solar cells are also made out of polycrystalline silicon. They also require far less maintenance but have the lowest space-efficiency of other solar panels.
- Thin-film solar cells, also known as TFSC, look most aesthetically appealing compared to all other solar panels. They are also flexible and work wonderfully in areas in which space is not an issue. However, these panels seem to degrade faster than others.
As you can see, of the various types of solar panels available for purchase, they all have their advantages and disadvantages, and we can help you determine which one will be the right fit for you.
At SunPower by Sea Bright Solar, We Do Solar Right - Contact Us Today
As a full-service solar company in California, SunPower by Sea Bright Solar handles every aspect of the job - from solar panel installation to post-installation maintenance. Our team has an outstanding reputation in the local community, and we even offer a free consultation to all potential clients. If you are ready to learn more about your solar power options and discover what incentives and tax credits might be available to help cut down on the cost, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Call SunPower by Sea Bright Solar at (909) 480-3783 to learn more about the benefits of going solar.